The threat of Malware Ransomware Wannacry
Malware Ransomware Wannacry has been reported in several media in the world, there has been a cyber-attack phenomenon in some countries. Cyber attacks are scattered and massive and attack critical resources (resources are very important), then this attack can be categorized as cyber terrorists. Learn to avoid this cyber-attack, look for Fortinet iam for it can provide network security.
What is Malware Ransomware Wannacry?
Ransomware is a type of malicious software or malware that attacks the victim’s computer by locking the victim’s computer or encrypt all the files so they can not be accessed again. This year a new type of ransomware has emerged and is expected to cost many lives. The new Ransomware is called Wannacry. Wannacry ransomware is targeting a Windows-based PC that has a weakness associated with the SMB (Server Message Block) functionality that is running on that computer. Currently, allegedly Wannacry attacks have taken many victims to various countries.
For the security of the use of Computers, Next Gen SWG use cases are of importance to all individuals, companies, ministries, agencies and other organizations to anticipate and prevent from WannaCry malware attacks.
Please be wary of and anticipate for the prevention of WannaCry malware attacks. Here are the steps that are important to anticipate Malware Ransomware Raid Wannacry:
- Before turn on the computer / server, first turn off Hotspot / Wifi and unplug the LAN / Internet cable connection.
- Afterwards, immediately move data to non-windows operating system (linux, mac) and / or do BACK UP / COPY All Data to SEPARATE MEDIA STORAGE.
- Do a security update on your windows by installing Patch MS17-010 issued by microsoct. See: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/security/ms17-010.aspx. Updating should be done by taking the patch file downloaded using a normal computer, not a computer that plays an important role.
- Update AntiVirus. AV example: Kapersky Total Security, Eset, Panda, Symantec can download trial version for 30 days free with full function or feature and update. Make sure AV includes ANTI RANSOMWARE.
- Disable the SMB (Server Message Block) functionality and do not enable macros functionality.
- Block Ports: 139/445 & 3389.
Currently there is no quickest and most effective solution to restore file files that have been infected wannacry. However, disconnecting the Internet from an infected computer will stop WannaCry from spreading to other vulnerable or vulnerable computers.
Note: Transmission can be through the spread of email attachment files and links to Malware sites not only through network deployment.