Are you get error DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_BAD_CONFIG in Google Chrome browser, Firefox, IE or other Browser. This error occurs in your Browser because DNS lookup Fails when loading web pages for you.
This error does not matter which version of Windows you are using, it is an Internet Connection Error and is displayed in Browser. BAD_CONFIG error is quite common. There are some steps How to Fix DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_BAD_CONFIG.
1. Release & Renew IP Address
- Press Win key + R > type cmd > OK.
- Then type ipconfig /release and press Enter.
- Type ipconfig /flushdns and press Enter.
- Then type ipconfig /renew and press Enter.
- Open your Browser and see if the problem persists.
2. Change DNS Server Settings
If the above method does not help you to fix error DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_BAD_CONFIG then use this method. Follow the steps below:
- Open Control Panel.
- View Small icons then click Network and Sharing Center.
- Click Change adapter settings > Right click and select Properties.
- Click IPv4, click Properties.
- Choose “Use the following DNS server addresses”, set Preferred DNS server as 18.104.22.168 and set Alternate DNS server as 22.214.171.124. Then click OK.
- Open your browser to check.
Note: If you are still unable to access internet, try to use below DNS server addresses and see if it works.