Fix problems installing the Windows 10 April 2018 Update
If you get problems when installing the Windows 10 April 2018 Update, so what steps should to try if having any of the following problems:
- While updating to the Windows latest version, your Windows restarts and goes back to the old version.
- Gets stuck for hours when update the Windows, so has to restart and go back to the old version.
- After installed the latest version of Windows, but now Windows Update says need to install it again.
- When try to update to the latest version, but you can’t sign into Windows or reach the desktop.
1. Run the Troubleshooter
- Open settings.
- Click Update & security.
- Click Troubleshoot > Windows Update > Run the troubleshooter.
- Wait process then fix error.
2. Restart Windows Update Forcefully
- Search Command Prompt then open it.
- Run the following commands one by one below.
- net stop wuauserv
- net stop bits
- Open File explorer. Go to C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution. Delete all file. If your system restricts you from deleting the files, restart your PC, and delete the files.
- perform a restart and run the following commands to start the update service again.
- net start wuauserv
- net start bits
- Then check for updates from Windows Update and download the updates.
- Go to settings > Update & security > Windows Update > Check for updates.
Download Windows 10 ISO 1803 (32-bit / 64-bit) Update April 2018
If Windows Update 10 April 2018 has not appeared on your Windows Update page, you can immediately install the update by booting through the extracted ISO to flash or other installation media using Media Creation Tool from Microsoft.
To Download the ISO Windows 10 update April 2018, first Download Media Creation Tool. If you have not previously used this application, consider the tutorial on the page how to use the Media Creation Tool first.
You can get Windows 10 Update 10 April 2018 from: Update Now
Note: You also don’t need to set up serial or product key Windows 10 if previously your Windows 10 has been officially active.