How to Zip and Unzip Files in Windows 10? now I will show you with simple methods and Zip methods like Zip Files using the Send To Menu and Zip One or More Files with the Ribbon Menu. OK let’s follow steps in below.
- To unzip the entire folder, right-click (or press and hold) it, select Extract All, and then follow the instructions.
- To unzip a single file or folder, double-click the zipped folder to open it. Then, drag or copy the item from the zipped folder to a new location.
Zip Files in Windows 10 using the Send To Menu
- Select the files or folder you want to compress. If you want to zip just one file or folder, skip to step 2. Otherwise, there are two ways to select multiple files and folders:
To select a consecutive group of files or folders, click the first item, then hold down the Shift key and click on the last item. The two files or folders you selected and everything in between will be selected.
To select non-consecutive files or folders, hold down the Ctrl key as you select the individual files or folders.
- Right click on the file or folder (or group of files or folders), then point to Send to and select Compressed (zipped) folder.
- Name the ZIP file. Enter the name you want the zipped file to have or hit Enter to accept the suggested filename.
Zip One or More Files with the Ribbon Menu
The File Explorer in Windows 10 has a Zip command in the Ribbon menu. So this is convenient for 2 in 1 laptop owners who might prefer to tap to zip files rather than right-click. Follow me in below to use:
- Select your files or folder as in Step 1 in the Send To menu instructions above.
- Navigate to the Share tab in File Explorer.
- Click the Zip button.