How to Upgrade Advisor App & Keep Up to Date for Windows 10 Mobile
You need to know that Upgrade Advisor App will tell you if your Windows Phone 8.1 device is eligible for upgrade to Windows 10 Mobile or not. If your device is eligible, Upgrade Advisor can help free up space on your device to prepare for installation. After get Upgrade Advisor App, you can keep Up to Date your Windows 10 Mobile. So let’s steps below.
How to Upgrade Advisor App Windows 10 Mobile
- First you need get the app. Click Start > swipe over to the All apps list > select Store.
- Then search the Upgrade Advisor app > install it on your device.
- Open the app. Note: It will check your device and let you know if it’s ready for the upgrade, if another update is required before you can get the upgrade, or if your device can’t be upgraded.
- Select Enable Windows 10 upgrade if the update is available for your device.
OK, if your device is eligible for upgrade, you may need to free up some space before installing it. I’m recommend files (such as videos or photos) to temporarily move to OneDrive or an SD card (if you have one installed). You can Accept the recommendations, or specify which files you want to move. Other ways, you can also delete files you no longer want on your device. But if you move files to OneDrive, you’ll need to use the app to restore files back to your device after Windows 10 Mobile is installed.
Keep Windows 10 Mobile device up to date
After your device is running Windows 10 Mobile, it’ll automatically install updates over Wi-Fi, but you can also manually check to see if your device is up to date like steps below:
- On Start > swipe over to the All apps list > select Settings > Update & security > Phone update.
- Select Check for updates to see if any updates are available. See picture below:
Note: After updates may require you to restart your device. But you can schedule a restart outside of the time you normally use your device using active hours with select Settings > Update & security > Phone update. Scroll down to Update settings and select Change active hours and adjust the times to fit your needs. You can also set a specific restart time that will override active hours by selecting Restart options.