Change Network Type from Public to Private in Windows 10 can from setting to Change a Network Location. Public network location type is assigned to any new networks when they are first connected. And private network location type can be for home or small office networks, or when you know and trust the people and devices on the network. This setting allows your PC to connect to a home group and devices on the network, such as printers.
How to Change Network Type from Public to Private in Windows 10 from Settings
- Press Windows key + R then type secpol.msc then OK.
- Click Network List Manager Policies then right click your network and click Properties.
- Click Network Location tab then click Private and User cannot change location. Click Apply and OK to save and exit.
How to Change Windows Firewall Type from Public to Private in Windows 10 from Settings
- Click Settings.
- Click Network & Internet.
- Click your internet connection, ex: Wi-Fi. Then click Network and Sharing Center.
- Click Windows Firewall.
- Click Turn Windows Firewall on or off.
- Turn on Windows Firewall.
- Click OK.