How to Disable Automatic Updates in windows 10
Disable Automatic Updates in windows 10 has eliminated from “Windows Update” settings from Control Panel. Windows Update settings is included in new Settings panel of Windows 10. Follow up the steps in below if you want Disable Automatic Updates in windows 10.
- Select the Start button
- Select Settings
- Select Update & security
- Select Windows Update
- Select Advanced options
- Choose how updates are installed to Notify to schedule restart
You also can Disable Automatic Update in Windows 10 from Group Policy Editor or using Administrator Tools. Both the Method is pretty simple and available in any Windows 10 PC.
Disable Automatic Update in Windows 10 from Group Policy Editor
- Open Group Policy Editor, press Win + R, type gpedit.msc and hit enter.
- Then, navigate to Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Windows Update. You can find Configure Automatic Update on your right hand side.
- Double click on it to make a change. Select Disabled and save your change.
Disable Automatic Update in Windows 10 using Administrator Tools
- Press Win + X and go to Control Panel (you can using other method to open control panel)
- Open Administrative Tools and double click on Services.
- Scroll down and find out Windows Update.
- Double click on it to open the Properties.
- Click on the drop-down menu under Startup type and select Disabled.